Saturday, June 20, 2009

tu me fais chat-virer

I don't have a job and I still suck at blogging. Oh well.
I'm wearing possibly the ugliest shirt I own that my dad gave me when I was in middle school, which has two cats and there are hearts above them and it says "tu me fais chat-virer." It's also completely polka dotted and looks for some reason like something one would wear in the hospital. The phrase means "you make me cat transfer," which I'm supposing is some sort of weird french slang. One of my teachers explained it once but I can't remember.
Actually, I think it just occurred to me. You know those word games where you will have separate words and then you just say them over and over until you come up with a phrase? I think chat-virer sounds like the word "chavirer" which means "to capsize." So you make me capsize. It's a pun, with cats (which happen to be my favorite kind). Oh those french.
Speaking of cats, I found this ice tray online that makes CAT SHAPED ice cubes. You better believe I'm going to buy it, that's too cute.
Speaking of....things... I have no job. And at this point it's sort of too late and so I probably will not be getting a job this summer. I've accepted this fact and now I'm actually relaxing instead of worrying all day about whether or not I'll be employed. I spend my time reading, going to the gym, and swimming. I recently discovered the joys of swimming underwater on your back so you are looking up and the surface of the water looks like a mirror. I don't know why it took me 21 years to find out about this but it's so fun it's addictive. I could spend hours swimming on my back underwater.
I also spend my time making ice cream. We have two ice cream makers so... how crazy is that? You can make two batches of ice cream at once! I know, I'm living the american dream right here. Lately I've been making really weird flavors, like cinnamon ice cream, champagne ice cream, and tomato ice cream. Tomato ice cream is disgusting and I wouldn't recommend eating it. But I hate tomatoes so I guess it was a pretty ill-thought out sort of thing. I usually give all the ice cream to ryan and his family since I don't know how to make low fat ice cream and I'm watching my waistline. The only complaint comes from his younger brother who wonders why I am incapable of making vanilla ice cream. Some people have no imagination.
On an unrelated topic, can anyone else not believe how old ira glass is? He's 50! He's got gray hair! He is only slightly younger than my mother! It's so creepy. I always thought of him as the voice of my generation, but he's old enough to be my dad. What a let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment