Sunday, February 22, 2009

crafted to death

Hello friends, it's Monday morning and I'm completely exhausted from this weekend. I spent the WHOLE time crafting for my "little." Friday, Saturday, Sunday- all given to crafting. Perhaps this makes no sense, and so I should explain: in sororities, when a new pledge class comes in, the older girls may choose to take a little sister. It's a secretive process that culminates in Big/Little Week, in which the big sister, who is a secret to the little sister, gives her a ton of stuff, quite secretively. This means the big, me, has to buy a lot of clothing and then proceed to mark said clothing with CHI OMEGA. or XΩ. And so on. This involves several days of ironing, cutting, and puffy painting. I'm all done now and pretty handsomely in debt, but I'm pretty pleased with the effect.
To counter the debt I have gotten myself into, I worked two shifts at work on Saturday, one in the morning and one at night. They were both pretty relaxed, the night shift was completely quiet except for a few drunken groups stumbling into the cafe and making random drink orders. One guy ordered 5 shots of espresso, all in separate cups, but he didn't want the cups meant for espresso orders, he wanted regular sized cups. Then he forgot that he had ordered this so we made it and said "hey, you, your espresso is ready" and he looked confused and then went, "Oh riiiighhhht! Dude I will DRINK THAT UP. Give it to me!"
I know I promised a book review of the highly enthralling "Twilight" series but when I was shopping the other day I encountered the 3rd book of the series, entitled Eclipse. So you will have to wait another week or two for my rant.
Anyone else watch the Oscars? They were really weird. I haven't really seen any movies lately except for Doubt, so I had no real opinions but I was pretty spot on in my predictions. I was however desperately hoping Mickey Rourke would get best actor for The Wrestler but of course he lost to Sean Penn. Slum Dog rocked it, Kate Winslet finally got hers and began to hyperventilate on stage. How about Alan Arkin saying "Seymour Phillip Hoffman?"

No comments:

Post a Comment