Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy V-Day!

Does it seem like this valentines day is a bigger deal than it has been in the past? To me it seems that way this year. Any theories?
And anyone else tired of moaning and groaning from the "anti-Valentines" camp? I've been single too in years past on Valentines Day and somehow I made it through the day without grumbling about the Hallmark company, glaring at people who like to celebrate, and fiercely opposing those who wish me a happy day by saying "you mean happy SINGLES AWARENESS day." I mean... come on. We all know it's a BS holiday. We don't get the day off from school or work. Maybe you don't like the typical traditions, or maybe you don't feel like buying roses or being compelled to be "romantic." Then don't! I see it more as a day to let my friends know I care about them, tell my family I love them, and feel excused to indulge in some chocolate or whatever else. And, of course, if you just object to the holiday or don't want to celebrate it- don't! There are holidays I don't celebrate or necessarily believe in but I don't spend my day whining about the fact that it exists. I don't even really have any traditions around V day and I'm not stomping around, pissed at the world just because my boyfriend is 1,000 miles away and we won't be able to be together tonight. I'm watching a horror movie right now, I haven't counted calories in the cookies or pizza I've eaten today, and I'm seeing Derek Trucks Bands tonight. My advice: chill out, you should enjoy your day no matter what! Although that's usually my advice on any given occasion, to just chill out. 
So be cool everyone and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. 1100 miles away. That extra 100 miles doesn't seem like much, but just drive it after a 17 hour day and a sweet little lady at the other end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love conversation hearts. I don't know why, but my dedication to these sweets is unwavering and pure.

    ReplyDelete