Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First Day of Classes

Try this link instead... don't know why the other one isn't working.
http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/electra-gypsy--biketechmiami.com
adorable.
So Today was the first day of classes, super exciting. I had French and German, then met with my friends for lunch. French was really hard- I could only think in Russian. I was saying something and then literally said "Da," then the teacher corrected "Oui" and I said "Right... Da... er, Oui, izvinite (sorry in Russian), uhm, desolee, errrr...." Then he paused a moment and said "well, just give it some time, I know it'll improve." And my class is full of freshman. I feel old and stupid.
German was also weird. Apparently the teacher has decided that the best way to teach a 101 language class is by speaking only in this language, flailing your arms madly, and gesturing weirdly. Yeah. She made us get up, run to the blackboard, and touch it. No so helpful since I can say exactly two things now: "Wie ist Ihr Name? Mein Name ist Emma." Beautiful... I think this class will go super well. I'm determined not to worry about it, I'll just go along, repeat after her and do whatever her flailing arms tell me to do. We'll see how well it all turns out.
Lunch was good because I got to see all my friends again minus Sara Russo! I hadn't seen most of them since MAY. Lunch was bad because I'm trying to slim down and I forgot to make a decent lunch this morning= Luna protein bar.
I'm all moved into my room and pretty much everything is set up. It's college chic- I made a desk out of some big boxes and covered it with a table cloth, and my bedside table/make up stand/bookcase is an old tv stand. To top it all off I have a poster of puppies sitting in shoes. Cute!
As soon as I can upload pictures I'll post pictures of my super pathetic single.

No comments:

Post a Comment